Saturday, June 13, 2009

rock and stroll

"You said that you believed in me
And would burn for your beliefs
I watched you burn
Burn for me"


-rainer maria

----

i like the way we walk next to each other
of the hundred things, i choose this one. 
whether i'm goose bumped from a too-damn-cold may
or may(be) we are barely swiping backs of hands as our arms swing
either way, on any day, when our feet are talking the rest of me bounces a little more
and almost always we saunter to different rhythms and strides
but it causes little strife
so i find myself walking turned to the side with you
like story telling to children by children
we stop to act things out 
or for you to practice your balance beam act on flower bed curbs
its where we talk the most 
its where i let go the most
its where we discover the most, i think. 
and its where i see you the most
backlit by a sun setting and the night air turning your skin darker blue
stepping next to you is simple. 
its a skipping waltzing
or fumbling for thoughts like a kid thumbing through his pockets for little toys
every time we touch the littlest
its simple
its something
its walking

----

"I could have set you free
But I watched you burn
I could have set you free"

  

No comments: