Wednesday, April 8, 2009

love me like I'm (unfinished)

love me like i'm
gonna hurt you later on

love me like a too short hair cut;
the one you knew shouldn't have happened
the one you were always nervous for

love me like snowmen melting

love me like grapes love the vine,
grab and hold on to me until you're ready
and big
then you'll be plucked and i'll be left without the beautiful part

love me like birthday cards,
read me
check me for money
laugh at my song and punch line
hear my endearing thoughts
then discard me
if i'm lucky i'll end up in your keepsake drawer 

love me like I have no ambition,
and you have to wake MY lazy ass up every morning
be the first to dream and chase and insist and tell the story

love me like rhyme schemes,
like really pretty, but too much is like, really annoying

love me like a week old band-aid,
soon your body will learn to scab 
and you'll pull me off real quick
we'll both hurt less

love me like burning hemp fields,
getting the air and everyone around really high
but leaving ruin on the ground below

love me like a puzzle missing 6 pieces

love me like you have no tomorrow with me

And i will love YOU like waves to seashells 
I'll work you over and smooth you out (but keep all your natural colors)
I'll make you clean and hold you deep inside my chest
wavering and washing in warmth. 

No comments: